Friday, May 8, 2009

Methods


Simple deduction.  Police work.  Holmesian methods.
I'm not a super genius.  I don't think Sherlock Holmes or any of the great detectives (real or fiction) were born the way they ended up.  Sherlock Holmes, for all his great adventures, could never have solved all those "problems" unless he was logically inclined in the ways he approach live.
For myself, I simply work at it.  Habits.  Practices in detective work.  A good example is Batman.  He dedicated his earlier life to become a detective.  At the risk of mockery, I only say that I have had some successes in this practice. 
And with the wealth of tools and information available on the Internet, my tasks are made easier.  Google Maps, Twitter, Facebook, search engines, and Wikipedia are among those that are a few keystrokes away.  
I have to confess I'm not alone in my work.  Some people know and are willing soldiers where others, I'm afraid to say, I manipulate into doing what I need them to do.  It doesn't always work out as you can imagine.  I'm a desk jock, not a professional soldier or operative. 
Readers, there is something I haven't quite put my finger on.  There is someone out there who has a similar task as I do but I can't say if he, she, or it has a friend disposition. 
Watch out for it, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment